Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: blister like sore on vagina

 raereeser - Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:06 pm

I have a blister- like sore on the inside of my vagina lip. It is painful and red. Today puss came out of it. What could this possibly be?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:12 pm

User avatar Hello,
This could be a blocked gland or cyst and it could be associated with hormonal changes. You should not squeeze it. Some people develop sensitivities to ingredients in body wash, etc. that result in sores. This may resolve on its own but if not, you will need to see a doctor for exact diagnosis.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us