Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Two red dots on middle top of shaft

heyyoNickk - Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:33 pm

I was peeing the other morning when i realized there were two small red bumps on the middle top of my shaft. the bumps are very small and have not grown in the past day. i am very concerned and would like some advice. i had protected sex twice the past weekend, and have not had unprotected sex in the last month. i am very concerned about the red bumps thank you for your help
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:32 am

These two bumps could represent some chronic irritation, even from the use of a condom. They also could be an atypical presentation of herpes. If they showed up spontaneously following protected sex they may well be due to a latex sensitivity or something else related to condom use. Whatever they are, when something like this happens, although it is usually not serious, these bumps aren't supposed to be where they are, and should be clinically evaluated. If they go away shortly on their own you should still be seen by a doctor, because primary syphillis (I know, it's not likely -- but it happens) often only gives this much of a hint before it goes dormant. You don't need that to deal with later.

Again, it's probably something fairly simple,but even simple things can cause problems down the road. Just get seen, preferably while the bumps are still visible. Good luck to you, and please follow up with us here.