Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: do i have herpes

teenager33 - Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:17 pm

i made out with a girl and later i found out she probably has herpes, its been 22 days since then about two days ago i got a pimple-like sore on the bottom tip of my tongue. i popped it and then it got red and hurt a little. now it is about the size of a pencil eraser(a little smaller) and it is pretty much all white, like it's healing. could this be herpes? thank you
 lat010186 - Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:57 pm

Well, from my sex-ed classes, severe cases of herpes can be spread by the fluids during intercourse. Any type of cold sore or sore on the mouth is considered a herpe but nothing really to worry about, unless you have a really severe break out all over your face and in the mouth. I get the same "pimple" like swelling of the taste bud on my tounge as well. I pop it and it goes away. I don't really worry about it, as well as I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just a word of advice; "If you believe she has herpes don't have any sexual contact with her again."

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us