Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: red rash is it an std??

 ciaramcentee - Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:19 am

I have a red rash type just at the back of my vagina in the area between the vagina and anus is this an std??
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:27 pm

User avatar Hello,
Skin rashes are one of the most common complaints on the human body and there are hundreds of causes. It would be impossible for us to say. If you are sexually active it would be a good idea to have a screening for STDs but this particular rash may resolve on its own or need attention due to some type of infection, sexually transmitted or not.

Best wishes

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us