Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: Does kissing when you are both sick make you more sick?

janina5309 - Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:43 pm

My boyfriend thinks that french kissing me when we are both sick with a cold, will make him more sick (im the most sick one). This is a kind of cold where mucus is coughed up from the lungs regularly, so the virus would be present often in the saliva. Will french kissing make him more sick when he already has a cold virus (not necessarily the same one, but it is highly likely)?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:16 am

If you both are sick you may or may not already have the same virus. I would avoid the kissing in case it is a different one -that could prolong your illness.

Best wishes
 LxShutdown - Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:52 pm

I agree with Debbie.

If it's not the same virus, it may only "Add-on" to your current sickness.