Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: PAINFUL LUMP IN VAGINA!

maya123 - Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:30 pm

hi

yesterday i noticed a painful lump on the inside of my vagina. it can't be an std because i'm a virgin. the lump is about 4 to 5mm across and is the same colour as the skin around it although it is a little red. it is hard and it hurts every time it is disturbed (this even includes walking!)

please tell me what you think it is and if it's something i should be worried about. i thought it might be something to do with friction, do you think i should put on some kind of lubricant?

maya
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:59 am

User avatar Hello,
You could have an infected gland or cyst. You should see a doctor for treatment. Water-based lubricants won't hurt if that helps reduce the friction.

Best wishes.
 maya123 - Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:34 pm

Debbie Miller, RN wrote:Hello,
You could have an infected gland or cyst. You should see a doctor for treatment. Water-based lubricants won't hurt if that helps reduce the friction.

Best wishes.

Thanks, it seems to be going away. I hope it goes away for good!
So you don't think it's anything too serious?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us