Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: WHAT THE HECK

Worried&Sick - Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:33 pm

Im a sexually active woman and I have had the same partner for quite some time now I have never had a vaginal problem but I just recently descovered a bump right on the outside almost on the inside of my vagina there is only one bump and it is kinda sore, but not to the point where it is uncomfortable I have not had intercourse in 1 month what the heck is this??? is this normal??? It doesnt burn when I urinate and the bump is not that big it looks like a pimple...is this just a form of acne? it is not pussing or anything like that...should i be alarmed???
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:13 am

User avatar Hi Worried&Sick,
A bartholins cyst is commonly located in this area. It is a collection of fluid that occurs in the bartholins glands. These are glands found on the posterior and side walls of the vagina. If this is indeed the problem it is quite treatable and I would suggest that you call your family doctor for treatment.