Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Red itchy bumps on genitals.

 MARKAA - Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:21 pm

It all started with a itchy rash starting on my inner thighs. Warm temps (like being under a blanket would cause itchiness to the extent of keeping me awake. Then I began to have itchiness on my testicle forming a red spot the size of a pencil eraser. That red bump then spread and within a week I got as many as 7 bumps on my genitals. No pain, no puss, no blood, the bumps feel solid. They look like mosquito bite bumps and become larger if I touch them. Other than that the rash on my inner thigh has spread to my armpits, causing a similiar bump on the back of my arm and inner thigh. The itchiness is driving me crazy, I have been using corizone cream and neosporin to attempt to help the situation. It temporarily stopps the itching but the bumps become inflamed. I have had 5 sexual partners my whole life. I have not had sex in months. all of my partners (all women) get tested and do not have anything. From what I have read i may have dermatitis however i need confirmation because im starting to become concerned. I have pictures however i do not want to post directly on the site. Please help - thank you
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:05 pm

User avatar Hello,
Thanks for your inquiry (sorry about the delayed response).

This rash could be the result of a fungal or yeast infection.
Powder spray clotrimazole for 7-14 days twice a day make eradicate the symptoms.

For a definite diagnosis consult your family physician.

Keep us posted.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us