Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Red itchy bumps on genitals.

MARKAA - Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:21 pm

It all started with a itchy rash starting on my inner thighs. Warm temps (like being under a blanket would cause itchiness to the extent of keeping me awake. Then I began to have itchiness on my testicle forming a red spot the size of a pencil eraser. That red bump then spread and within a week I got as many as 7 bumps on my genitals. No pain, no puss, no blood, the bumps feel solid. They look like mosquito bite bumps and become larger if I touch them. Other than that the rash on my inner thigh has spread to my armpits, causing a similiar bump on the back of my arm and inner thigh. The itchiness is driving me crazy, I have been using corizone cream and neosporin to attempt to help the situation. It temporarily stopps the itching but the bumps become inflamed. I have had 5 sexual partners my whole life. I have not had sex in months. all of my partners (all women) get tested and do not have anything. From what I have read i may have dermatitis however i need confirmation because im starting to become concerned. I have pictures however i do not want to post directly on the site. Please help - thank you
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:05 pm

User avatar Hello,
Thanks for your inquiry (sorry about the delayed response).

This rash could be the result of a fungal or yeast infection.
Powder spray clotrimazole for 7-14 days twice a day make eradicate the symptoms.

For a definite diagnosis consult your family physician.

Keep us posted.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us