Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Greenish yellow discharge from my vagina

marysmithgalway - Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:58 am

Hello,

Last week i had a greenish yellow discharge from my vingina..also my vigina was very swollen and itchy. I thought i may have thrush so i used one canestan pesseries....that was too days ago. The swelling has gone down a bit and its not as itchy. I have no notices that i have very light bleeding inside(light pink..maybe from the canestan pesseries? When i urinate it doesn't really burn only a little sometimes.

Ive never had unprotected sex but i was with a guy last week and he touched my vigina. Could this be an STD im rreally worried. please help
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:57 am

User avatar Hello,
It sounds like your sexual activity has been responsible so I doubt this is a case of STD. Nevertheless, if the discharge continues, it might be good to find out if there is some kind of infection - urinary or vaginal.

Best wishes

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us