Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Diabetes? Not sure where in forums to put it,

redwolf1974 - Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:43 pm

don't know where in the forums this should be
I have been losing weight for about a year or so. I've read a few diabetes websites with symptoms shown. I generally have 9 out of 10 symptoms that are on them. Drink alot of water, urinate a lot, fatigued( i never feel like doing anything), the sudden weight loss(i've gone from about 185 to about 135, blurred vision I don't know sometimes the sunlight bothers me, itchy skin sometimes, sometimes i feel dizzy. I know both my grandmothers had diabetes. As does my uncle. My g/f of 5 years just recently left me because I cannot control my temper, i was never like that. I never hit her or anything I just couldnt stop sayin things that hurt her, I don't have insurance and probably could not afford the doctor bill to find out and I'm moving in less than a week. I was wondering if there was any other ways to tell if it is diabetes. The depression of my g/f leaving is starting the weight loss again. So now I'm getting worried.
Thanks
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:00 pm

User avatar Hi redwolf1974,
I won't list the symptoms since you appear to be well read on the subject. If you have 9 out of 10 symptoms I would strongly suggest that you be tested. Diabetes can only be identified through testing. Diabetes is a serious illness and left untreated can cause a multitude of problems. Do you have any Health Access Clinics in your area that assist with people that need medical evaluation/treatment that are under-insured or un-insured? It would be worth looking into. I again stongly suggest you be evaluated.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us