Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: RED BUMPS ALL OVER BODY

ljiv - Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:33 am

A WEEK AGO I HAD RED BUMPS ON MY HANDS,ARMS,AND CHEST.SINCE THEN I'VE BEEN TAKING BENADRYL AND THE BUMPS LEFT BUT NOW MY SKIN IS REALLY DRY AND IT'S PEELING ON MY HANDS AND FEET.ALSO MY INNER THIGHS ARE ALSO DRY AND LOOK WHITE.ALSO MY FORESKIN IS DRY AND IS PEELING BUT IT'S HARDER FOR ME TO PULL IT BACK TO DE HEAD.PLEASE HELP
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:45 pm

It is hard to determine what is causing the skin peeling and the initial rash.

It is important to know if there is or was any illness: fever, chills, sore throat, headache, cough.

Was the rash on the palm or the back of the hand (dorsum)?

The differential diagnosis includes:
scabies
tinea (fungal infection)
hand, foot and mouth disease

Kawasaki disease seems unlikely. It occurs in young children - Hand and foot swelling, redness and cracked peeling skin; high fever; conjunctivitis; and cracked lips are some presenting signs.

A visit to your family physician would be good for evaluation and appropriate treatment.

Let us know how it goes.