Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Blisters on my vagina not sexually active

 425327 - Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:39 pm

I am having this reoccurring problem, I am having these blister type bumps develop on the outside of my vagina. It is usually near the inner thigh and it starts off under the skin I can feel a hardening of them then in about a day they are a very painful blister if they pop they bleed and puss comes out. This has been happening for about a year I have not be sexually active at all, no skin to skin contact or anything of the sort. They usually last if I don't put anything on them about a week. They are not ingrown hairs either because I have stopped waxing shaving to see if that was a cause when this first started and it was not. I would like any help, advice, anything! Please!
Thank you very much for your time.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm

User avatar Hello,
These bumps on the outer vagina (labia) and inner thigh sound like sebaceous cysts.

They occur in areas of high friction or where sebaceous glands are numerous.

Treatment includes drainage but recurrence is high. Removing the pocket of the cyst surgically provides a cure.

A physician can confirm a diagnosis and make appropriate treatment plan.

Let us know how things turn out.
 helpme12 - Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:04 am

im 15 and not sexually active and i have lil red bumps that is located on my theighs and outside vagina area then they would bust and turn into painful blisters....i have very heavy theighs..could this be from my theighs rubbing together friction???

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us