Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: i think i have a tongue problem

agentyandu - Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:29 am

hey
im 15 and in the last week ive been having problems with my tongue. well last week i drank some orange juice and i felt this burning on my tongue. When i looked there was this dark red color on the top of my tongue. my mom says that it looks like i burnt it.its smooth and there isnt any bumbs on it like on other peoples tongues ive seen. i try to brush my teeth everyday but sometimes i forget. can that be the problem? but when i do i brush my tongue. i was looking at pictures of some people that have diseases on their tongues and mine isnt half as bad as any of those. it doesnt hurt and i don't have a fever or sore throat. every thing is fine but the color of my tongue. like i said its red in the middle. the only thing that i might get it from is my girlfriend. but we only make out. and i havent asked if she has cold sores or any thing i can catch. any help would be great

thanks
Chris
ps if u have a hard time getting what im say just read slow sometimes i mix things around. :oops:
 agentyandu - Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:16 am

if some 1 give me a e-mail adress i can send a picture thanks
 sortof - Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:02 pm

Hello i am a 31 one year old male. 3 days ago i started to get sick(sore throat,cough,fattigue)during this time i ate a bowl of pomagranite seeds i noticed burning sensationon my tongue.like when something acidic touches a canker sore. my tongue has a small fuzzy white patch in the rear center.it also feels to be chaffed or sensitive with in the patch.i have been taking a zoloft for about six weeks now and have a all my lab work done when i recieved my prescription.i am wondering if this an allergic reaction or is it possible that i burned my tongue with the acidic fruit?please help.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us