Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: FUNGAL INFECTION IN THUMBS, EARS AND DEAD SCALP

SAMEERGOKLANI - Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:09 am

Hello, I AM HEAVING AN FUNGAL INFECTION IN MU THUMB NAILS (LEFT HAND AND FOOT THUMB, NAILS ARE GETING DETACHED WITH THE BASE SKIN ), EARS (INNER CANNEL IS INFECTED WITH DRY WHITE FLAKES) AND HEAD SCALP (WHITE DRY FLAKES, IRRITATION), I AM SUFFERING FROM THESE PROBLEMS SINCE LAST 2 AND A HALF YEARS, I AM ALSO UPLEADING SOME PICTURES FOR THE SAME, KINDLY ADVICE.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:34 am

User avatar Hello,The condition you mention needs to be looked at as more in favour of a diagnosis of psoriasis.Though fungal infections involve these areas too, the combination of findings weigh towards psoriasis.A skin test for fungal elements,and a woods lamp to visualise the glow of fungus, and biopsy would help in distinguishing.Treatment would depend on the investigations.Do keep in touch.