Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: RED URETHRA AND WHITE GOO IN OPENING

JJHELPME - Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:16 am

HI THERE IM A 19 YEAR OLD MALE AND NEARLY ALWAYS WEAR A CONDOM. IVE BEEN HAVING SEX WITH THE SAME GIRL FOR A WHILE NOW. RECENTLY I NOTICED A BURNING SENSATION WHEN I UNRINATE AND A RED PATCH AROUND THE OPENING OF MY PENIS. A WEEK OR SO LATER I RUN MY FINGER ALONG THE BOTTOM OF THE PENIS UPTO THE HOLE AND WHITE GOO CAME OUT. THIS HAPPENS ABOUT 4 TIMES A DAY. IT ISNT MUCH LIQUID BUT ITS STILL A WORRY. AFTER I UNRINATE IT LEAVES A MILD STINGING SENSATION. ONE OF THE TIMES I HAD SEX WITH THE GIRL I DIDNT WEAR A CONDOM, SHE BLED AND SAID IT WAS FROM A FINGERNAIL CUT FROM AGES AGO. I THOUGHT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN BLOOD IN THE PENIS OPENING. IT DOESNT SMELL VERY MUCH BUT ITS STILL A WORRY.
 bmx_brian - Mon May 11, 2009 1:05 pm

hey bro im 19 also. i read yours and i have your same symtoms. ive been having it for like two weeks and just this morning i saw the white/yellowish goo coming out of my penis. im extreamly worried. were you able to figure out what it is?
 chaos_kitten - Tue May 26, 2009 1:35 am

My ex had the same symptoms, sounds like chlamydia. Could be almost any std though, but yellow/white discharge is very common with chlamydia, and that std is one of the more common ones.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us