Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: What is Gram positive intracellular diplococci

alexbrian - Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:46 pm

My partner and i got tested and they all came out negative except for his result for the gram test (for gonorrhea):

Gram positive intracellular and extracellular diplococci

The doctor told us it is not an sti and we have nothing to worry about. She didnt explain further.

My question is:
1. What is it? How did he get it?
2. How long can the bacteria stay in his penis? (His last sexual contact with another partner is more than 8 months.)
3. Did he get it from me? What test should i get to ensure that i'm not infected.
Can i get infected?
4. Can it be treated?

Thank you
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:11 am

User avatar Hello,Many organisms like this diplococcus live on the normal skin with out causing any problems.They require no treatment.But A gram negative diplococcus would have been pathological.