Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: Hantavirus

Mulekick - Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:17 pm

I just recently cleaned out a shed full of mouse feces/urine. I have bad alergies and had an attack immediately. The next day I had a fever and was achy. Today the fever is gone, but I cannot breathe as well and have a cough. Should I be concerned?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

User avatar Hello,Hanta virus infection is a deadly virus infection transmitted by the cotton rat droppings and its inhalation.Amongst the various phases the first is fever,next fall of BP,leading to reduced urine output.In your case it is most unlikely because the incubation period for this condition is 2to4 weeks and your symptoms developed in just two days.This is more likely to be a dust allergy than anything else.Nothing to worry.Do consult your doctor as usual for symptomatic treatment.Good wishes.