Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: Roof of Mouth Sore After H1N1

KnowThyself - Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:45 pm

I came down with H1N1 on Tues, my fever and ill effects subsided by Saturday except for a sore throat. Sunday I developed an aching on the roof of my mouth which makes eating foods that are crunchy, hot or cold very hard and painful. Even room temperature water causes moderate pain. I don't think this is H1N1 related, but I'm not a doctor either. :)

Thank you to all the doctors and nurses on here that help to provide this awesome service.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:28 pm

User avatar Hello,
I have not heard of any documentation for this type of reaction but each person responds to infection in her own way so it could be. However, I would expect it to go away within a few days and if not, you should follow up with your doctor to see if there is something unrelated going on.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us