Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Finger tip is turning a light green.

jtulip83 - Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:42 pm

I smashed my right middle finger back 2 and half weeks ago and its just started hurting 3 days ago again i woke up this morning and it was turning a light green on the right side of my nail and now its a little bigger is there anything i can do or take to help it or should i go to the docter.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:18 am

User avatar Hello,You have developed a possible paronychia involving the lateral nail fold.This is a bacterial infection caused by bacteria and fungi,rarely viruses.In your case the pointer is to a pseudomonas infection which presents a greyish green pigment.Treatment would be specific antibiotics to tackle the infection.Incision and drainage is indicated in some with acute symptoms.Ok?