Forum Name: Other infections

Question: asking about the (H1 N1) vaccine

hlahza - Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:51 am

hi
I just want to ask about the (H1 N1) vaccine there were a lot of rumors about side effects and complications, I have two kids 2 and 5 years old and I was planning to get it for me and my family, please advice.

thanks in advance
Husam
 kursivewriting - Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:36 pm

H1N1 vaccine is very similar to a seasonal flu vaccine, except with a different antibody. Consider the pros and cons of a seasonal flu vaccine, and remember that all injectable flu vaccines still contain thimerosal (mercury) and that's something you want to stay away from with young children. If you feel strongly that you must vaccinate your children for H1N1, I would advise that you use the inhalable mist and make sure it does not contain thimerosal. Consider also that an enormous amount of people have already contracted H1N1 and recovered without complications. It's not really much more serious than seasonal flu.