Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: AIDS

Question: symptoms

lucy11 - Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:28 pm

i'm scared i was infected with hiv a month ago, i have swollen glands in my throat and my breasts are sore, my throat is very dry and at the far back i have these tiny white sores that look like chancer sores when u bite the inside of ur mouth ... can u get hiv from going to the dentist... i also had unprotected sex i want the guy to take the test but im scared he'll say no can the police force him?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:30 am

User avatar Hi lucy11,
You can't force someone else to be tested for HIV. My suggestion to you if you are concerned about this, get tested yourself.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us