Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: "Blister" on my foot

swedish - Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:45 pm

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, and sorry if my english is bad, I'm from sweden :)

I have a big "blister" on the right side of my left heel. I got penicillin for it last Sunday and it seemed to get better. So today it started to hurt more and I took off the compress to check on it. It has grown quite a bit since yesterday. The doctor didn't pay much attention to me, he just said it's an infection and that I needed penicillin. He left immediately after he told me that and I didnt have any chance to ask him any questions. So, I wonder if there is anyone that know what this is? It has not come from my shoe, I know that for sure. I will post a picture of how it looks (if that is ok?) It's really gross ><

Image
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:09 pm

User avatar Hello,It is rather difficult to profer a diagnosis here.If the wound has not yet healed you may need a culture and sensitivity test.The large ulcer with a membrane on exposed part could be as rare as diphtheritic ulcer which can present mainly on exposed parts.Minor trauma,humid conditions are predisposing factors.Pain,ulcer formation with a grey membrane are seen.Differential diagnosis would be a common impetigo.Diagnosis is by swab test,the doctor alerting the lab for a possible diagnosis.Penicillin,or erythromycin are the treatment modalities.Do chech with your health care professional for further management.