Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Should I still feel feverish?

2fttaxi - Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:41 am

I was diagnosed with a sinus infection on Thursday, March 10, after being feverish and weak for two days. The doctor prescribed Cefzil (500mg) one pill, twice per day. He said that I probably wouldn't start feeling better until Monday (14th), but I still feel feverish (although I don't have a fever) and weak. I don't even want to get out of bed, I go through sweats and cold chills. I have a cough and I am expelling plenty of mucus. My question is, should I still be feeling like this? Does the Cefzil need more time to work?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:23 am

User avatar Hi 2fttaxi,
Generally speaking, about three days after starting the use of antibiotics you should notice a considerable difference. I would suggest that if you are still feeling ill that you notify your physician and let him/her know so that if a different form of treatment is required it can be initiated.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us