Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Is colloidal silver safe to use in eyes for pink eye?

tntwhite - Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:03 am

Is colloidal silver safe to use in a 5-year-old's eye (one drop each eye twice per day) to treat pink eye? If so, is it effective? How long before infection improves/heals?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:24 pm

This is in the realm of the supplements and natural medicine remedies and I don't have training in this but from sites that support these kinds of alternative treatments, it appears safe and effective. Most bacterial caused pinkeye responds within a couple of days of the start of treatment. If it works you should see results within that time frame I would think.