Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Skin Tenderness on the tip of my penis

mcnealie - Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:27 pm

I work in the restaurant business and I am always on the go. Sometimes towards the end of my shift. The tip of my penis is really tender and it hurts when I urinate. Usually when I wake up in the morning it isnt as tender and it doesnt sting any more. This comes and goes, here and there and sometimes when I examine myself the is a little white/cloudy fluid at the tip of me penis. I am not sexually active, and this has really only started the past few months. The last time I had sex was almost a year ago. I am wondering if this is just my underwear rubbing against the head of my penis and causing an irritation of if I should get this checked out by my doctor.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:05 am

User avatar Hello,The fact that there is a small discharge with burning or painful micturition necessitates a minimal testing especially for NGU ie non gonococcal urethritis.Even with a history of 1 yr old history these organisms are known to remain with out symptoms for quite some time.Trichomonas urethritis is other eminently treatable condition.
Sometimes a stone in the urinary tract cold cause pain reffered to the penile tip.
Thus it would be best to get an STD evaluation to make sure.
Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us