Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Broken Condom

glfstream - Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:42 am

I was with a girl three weeks ago and the condom broke.
She said she was clean of Hiv after testing two months ago.
The next day i started to have an itch in my penis.
I went to the hospital after three days for a test chlamydia.
I have no pus discharge or pain during urinating just an itch that comes and goes.
The test results will be out in six days time.
I was also told in the hospital to wait six weeks before i undertake an Hiv test.
I tested negative six months ago.
Can i contact anything even though i didn't ejaculate in her.
She gave unprotected oral sex, could it be from that?
I want to go ahead and start antibiotics on my own rather than wait for the test results to be sure.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:50 am

User avatar Hello,Despite not ejaculating you need to be investigated for STDs if you and your partner has not had a mutual monogamous relationship.Oral sex without condom ,inserter or receiver with or without ejaculation need to be tested for chlamydia,gonococcal infections,HIV,HPV,syphilis,Hepatitis Band C.Withdrawl before ejaculation would significantly help in reducing the rate of spread of infection.
Presence of gum disease,ulceration,or recent flossing could potentiate infection if organisms are present.
It is required for you to wait for,in your case the symptom of itch would not fit in for a diagnosis, in symptomatic treatment.