Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Itching and rashes around Vagina and Groin area

teammate - Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:40 am

I had sex with my partner and after two days I observe that my Groin area is itching a lot and its very painful after itching and also I feel lot of itching around my Vagina ( on my walls of Vagina) and i see some rashes and also I observe a little swelling on the walls of my vagina, I feel lot of burning sensation if I pee after intercourse and it it my urine touches with walls of vagina I feel lot of pain.

Please suggest me some medication for this and which doctor to consult for this dermatologist or Gynecologist?

Thanks in Advance for your reply.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:44 pm

You could see a gynecologist or a family practice doctor for this concern. It is possible you have developed a yeast infection (itching is common) and this can be treated but it's best to find out for sure if that is the problem since a bacterial infection would require different medication.