Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Itching and rashes around Vagina and Groin area

teammate - Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:40 am

I had sex with my partner and after two days I observe that my Groin area is itching a lot and its very painful after itching and also I feel lot of itching around my Vagina ( on my walls of Vagina) and i see some rashes and also I observe a little swelling on the walls of my vagina, I feel lot of burning sensation if I pee after intercourse and it it my urine touches with walls of vagina I feel lot of pain.

Please suggest me some medication for this and which doctor to consult for this dermatologist or Gynecologist?

Thanks in Advance for your reply.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:44 pm

User avatar Hello,
You could see a gynecologist or a family practice doctor for this concern. It is possible you have developed a yeast infection (itching is common) and this can be treated but it's best to find out for sure if that is the problem since a bacterial infection would require different medication.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us