Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: skin rash with odor

jggraham - Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:20 pm

I have had a skin rash for about 2 years it started on my legs and has gone to my back and stomach. The doctor thought it was an allergy to my laundry soap but we went to a hypoallergenic soap and I still have it and I seem to have an odor on my body that I cant seem to get rid of I take 2 baths a day and I still feel like I smell. Is there a parasite or something that this could be. Please help.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:35 am

User avatar Hi jggraham,
Fungal infections usually present with an unusual odor. However, have any diagnostic studies, biopsy etc. been completed to identify the actual cause? If not I would suggest a re-evaluation by your physician or a referral from him/her to a dermatologist to identify the causative factor.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us