Medical Specialty >> Infections

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: possible hep c ?

jason - Mon May 16, 2005 7:44 pm

Hello i aim 25 years old and i am an insulin dependant diabetic ,have been for 19 years i recently had a blood work up for my work and my test came back with
Alkphos=217 h
Tprotein =8.4 h
i have nevr used iv drugs , i used to have unprotected sex but that was over 3 years ago and bloodtest in between now and then have been fine !.I know i need to have a hep c test done but just looking for a little advise or opionons to se if its possibly related to high blood sugar .The morning of my test it was 544 very high
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue May 17, 2005 9:21 am

User avatar Hi jason,
Hepatits C is transmitted primarily by exposure to infected human blood. Here is an informative weblink for you to view if you would like to do so. ... hronic.htm
In my opinion the abnormalities in your labwork would be suggestiive of another cause.
 jason - Tue May 17, 2005 12:48 pm

thank you for you advice I am going to have another blood test done , and have them test me for hep c anyway . I don't think that i have it as never had abnormal tests before and my blood sugar was really high I also have been on alot of pills for my sugar and nueropathy in my legs so i would imagine my liver is pretty overworked ! I let you know the results of the test thanks again