Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: alcohol related penis rash NEED HELP!

 wannabecool - Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:24 am


I am a 19 year old male and I get a very irritating rash on my penis that lasts for about 7days when ever I drink anything with alcohol in it. The first 2 times it happened I thought it was something on my hand and that when i went to piss (which I have to do alot of when im drinking) that I tranferred the stuff to my penis, but after the 3rd time and every single other time I had a drink of bozz the rash always apearred the next morning causing me extreme discomfort for many days.

I put rash creams on it and it helped, but only temporally. The bizzare thing is that it always appears the next morning and the rash starts at the bass of the penis then after a while it spreads all over my penis, but it never infects the head of my penis. This rash only started to appear right around the time I turned 18, I never had this problem when i drank alcoholic drinks in my younger years.

Did i some how develop an allergic reaction to alcoholic drinks over the years, or is God trying to get me to stop drinking? and if i am allergic to alcohol why does the rash only appear on my penis and no where else, and am i the only one who has this problem or are there others, and can this be treated so that I can still have a drink with my friends once and a while?
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:07 am

User avatar Since it only appears when you drink is there anything else you do only when you drink? Rashes can develop with condoms, latex allergies are fairly common.

You really should have it looked at; the next time it appears, see the doctor so he can examine you and possibly find the reason.
 wannabecool - Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:48 pm

Ilovepatients wrote:Since it only appears when you drink is there anything else you do only when you drink?

No. My dick stays in my pants unless I have to piss, and when I do have to piss I always wash my hands before and after with soap. I was really hoping I could get some information about my problem here because I don't really wanna goto my doctor and get this embarrassing problem logged in my medical file forever, and just for my doc to say stop drinking so that he doesnt have waste his time trying to figure out the source of the problem.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:23 pm

User avatar I don't understand about your problem being on file, no one is going to ever see it, medical records are confidential by law.

There is no reason to think your doctor won't try to find a reason. There is just no way anyone over the internet can assess a rash, especially one with such different circumstances. If it really bothers you, go in and see him when it's inflamed. If there is something to be done for it, great, if it is harmless, you will be relieved. :D

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us