Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: AIDS

Question: is this true?

Ms Kitty - Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:46 pm

i got pregnant by a man that didnt tell me he had AIDS. i was told that if my son tests HIV negative by the time he is a year old, i don't have to worry about him catching it from me.. is that true?
 Ms Kitty - Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:05 pm

Ms Kitty wrote:i got pregnant by a man that didnt tell me he had AIDS. i was told that if my son tests HIV negative by the time he is a year old, i don't have to worry about him catching it from me.. is that true?

1234abcdef1234 - Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:03 pm

Hey,

I am just a member here.. don't take my opinion proffesionally. I live in south africa... aids everywhere... we study it in school and write exams on it, see it on tv everyday... So, I know a bit.

Well, normally aids is givin to a child by its parent on birth, but there is a drug or somthing that prevents this.

But if, by the age of 1yr it tests negative it could most likly be so. Even though aids takes a while to develop I am not sure how long in a child...

If the child hasn't been born yet i suggest trying that drug that I mentioned. Somthing...
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:50 am

User avatar A baby doesn't get AIDS from the mother while pregnant, the baby can get it during birth, the doctors can deliver the baby to reduce the risk of infecting the child, if the child tests negative at one year old, you can assume he did not get it, and will be safe.