Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Red Spots in pubes.

Ts912 - Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:12 am

I have never had sex (im 15 only) but red spots with white heads have started appearing in my pubic hair. They itch a little bit but not alot.They seem to be growing in number but i don't know how to stop them.

Any help would be much apprichaited.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:02 pm

User avatar Dear Ts912,

Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands are normally found on the penile shaft, particularly on the ventral surface (underside). They may be infected, trichomycosis in the case of sweat glands and folliculitis in the case of hair follicles.

They may be visible as small nodules or might only be felt as small lumps in the skin. They are yellow/black or red nodules on the hair shafts in the inguinal region. Nodules are often on the scrotum and occasionally on the base of the shaft of the penis. They may contain pus in them.

The hallmark is that they will have a hair arising from them that reveals their true nature. These lesions can be associated with erythema and itching. Superinfection with other dermatophytes has been noted.

I advised you to seek a direct clinical examination to reach the proper diagnosis. Only by complete history and physical examination, the correct diagnosis can be reached.

Hope you find this information useful.