Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Sore throat for over a year

sorethroat - Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:51 am

I have had a sore throat for a little over a year. It started after a rock concert when I was screaming alot. I smoke so i never let it heal, thats why i think it lasted this long. I finally quit, which i know i should have a long time ago. So it was now been a week of quiting and it doesnt seem to be healing yet. I am guessing it will go away eventually...

I went to the doctor 3 weeks ago to get a throat culture and the results were negative. So im guessing that is a good sign. If i speak loudly it hurts my throat, so im guessing it is my vocal cords that are damaged.

My question is could this be cancerous or would i maybe need my tonsils removed? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks alot
 sorethroat - Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:57 am

my throat does appear to be red, so im hoping it is just irritaion that will go away. Are there any remedies or medication i could take to help it heal?
 sorethroat - Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:01 am

sorry for so many seperate posts, but i keep reading other peoples post and i feel that more information for you would only help...

im 20 years old and have been drinking and smoking a good amount

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us