Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: painless end micturition hematuria

citangrant - Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:39 am

Hi I'm 45y/o male,married.I've been a smoker on and off for years and currentlystopped again for abt 2mos. now. My problem was this painless end of micturition hematuria. This 1st happened in Oct 2004 and lasted for 3-4 mos. I had blood tests of all sorts but came back normal except for the positive frank blood coming out right after I urinated. I had USS in Dec. 2004 and CT scan in 01/05 of abdomen and pelvis but came back normal though found diverticulosis of the sigmoid colon. Bleeding which eventually stopped for a year then till now 07/07 started again the same symptom. I haven't been to the doctor yet what can you advise me. Many Thanks.

garnet
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:35 pm

User avatar Hi Citangrant,

I am uncertain what would cause frank bleeding at the end of micturition. I would advise you to see a urologist to further evaluate this.