Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Glomerulonephritis

Question: Transplant patient with protein in urine

desiree - Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:56 pm

Hi, I am 31yr old female 199lbs, I had a kidney transplant 2yrs ago because of FSGS. My last urinalasis shows that i have protein in my urine. the results are as follows:

TEST RESULTS NORMAL RANG
Creatinine 61 mg/dl 1.0 - 346.5 mg/d Urine protein 30 mg/dl 5 - 200 mg/dl *24hr urine protein 660 mg/24hr 42 - 225 mg/24hr
24hr urine Creatinine 1355 mg/24hr 800 - 2800 mg/2hr

I am worried that the FSGS could affect the transplanted kidney and that i may loose it. My serum creatanine is 1.3 and Bun is 17
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:47 pm

User avatar Hi Desiree,

Protein in the urine following a kidney transplant is a bit of a complex thing. It is possible that the FSGS can affect the new kidney.

I strongly recommend you see your nephrologist to have this further evaluated. If there is concern a biopsy of the kidney may be needed.