Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/09/2017.

Forum Name: Glomerulonephritis

Question: Transplant patient with protein in urine

desiree - Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:56 pm

Hi, I am 31yr old female 199lbs, I had a kidney transplant 2yrs ago because of FSGS. My last urinalasis shows that i have protein in my urine. the results are as follows:

TEST RESULTS NORMAL RANG
Creatinine 61 mg/dl 1.0 - 346.5 mg/d Urine protein 30 mg/dl 5 - 200 mg/dl *24hr urine protein 660 mg/24hr 42 - 225 mg/24hr
24hr urine Creatinine 1355 mg/24hr 800 - 2800 mg/2hr

I am worried that the FSGS could affect the transplanted kidney and that i may loose it. My serum creatanine is 1.3 and Bun is 17
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:47 pm

User avatar Hi Desiree,

Protein in the urine following a kidney transplant is a bit of a complex thing. It is possible that the FSGS can affect the new kidney.

I strongly recommend you see your nephrologist to have this further evaluated. If there is concern a biopsy of the kidney may be needed.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us