Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: strong urine smell

Anonymous - Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:11 pm

Since May, I've been noticing my urine smells very strong, especially after not going for awhile or in the morning. I get sudden urges to urinate often. I was told I had trace amounts of protein in my urine about 2 years ago. It was never tested again. Could the symptoms be related or something serious? If not, how can a treat or improve the stong smell and sudden urges? Thank You, any advice would be great.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:11 pm

User avatar Dear Jennifer,

The symptoms that you are complaining of can be explained by a urinary tract infection.

You should do a urine analysis to make sure that you do not have a urinary tract infection and also check randomly for the presence of proteins.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com