Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: miserable

kibocjj - Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:53 am

I am 22 years old and need some advice. I have lots of pain with sexual intercourse which really affects my wanting to have sex and i am a newlywed. I also get recurrent UTI's probably approximately 6-8 in a year with blood in my urine the past 2-3 I have had. I also was on the depot shot for two years and have been off it for 1 year and have not had my period yet? My question is do you think I should see a urologist or just forget about it and take an antibiotic every day? I am so miserable with both of these problems I need help. I really don't like the idea of taking an antibiotic everyday if I don't have to because that seems it will be very expensive but considering my age do you think a urologist would be stupid and there is probably nothing wrong with me? I have had a laproscopy done and it showed no endometriosis or any other abnormalities? Please help!!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:15 am

User avatar Hi kibocjj,
It's good to know that your laparoscopy came back normal. However, from the sounds of your symptoms you certainly would want to be checked by a nephrologist or urologist to have a kindey function workup etc. done. It would not be advisable for anyone to be on constant antibiotic therapy. Hope this helps.