Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/09/2017.

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: miserable

kibocjj - Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:53 am

I am 22 years old and need some advice. I have lots of pain with sexual intercourse which really affects my wanting to have sex and i am a newlywed. I also get recurrent UTI's probably approximately 6-8 in a year with blood in my urine the past 2-3 I have had. I also was on the depot shot for two years and have been off it for 1 year and have not had my period yet? My question is do you think I should see a urologist or just forget about it and take an antibiotic every day? I am so miserable with both of these problems I need help. I really don't like the idea of taking an antibiotic everyday if I don't have to because that seems it will be very expensive but considering my age do you think a urologist would be stupid and there is probably nothing wrong with me? I have had a laproscopy done and it showed no endometriosis or any other abnormalities? Please help!!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:15 am

User avatar Hi kibocjj,
It's good to know that your laparoscopy came back normal. However, from the sounds of your symptoms you certainly would want to be checked by a nephrologist or urologist to have a kindey function workup etc. done. It would not be advisable for anyone to be on constant antibiotic therapy. Hope this helps.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us