Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Renal Failure

Question: Kidney pain

Anonymous - Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:35 pm

I am 19 and I have been drinking heavily for two years. I know I need to slow down, and I think I may have gotten a wake up call. I drank about three quarters of a fifth of whiskey last Saturday night, and my gut has been hurting since then. It is now Wednesday night. I can't tell where it hurts, but it is not the stomach. I think it may be my liver, because my right side has a burning sensation that is very uncomfortable and a dull pain, but also when I lie down my lower back hurts, so maybe it is my kidneys. What should I do?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sun May 18, 2003 12:54 pm

User avatar Dear david ;
you have to visit your doctor for full clinical examination and investigations will be advised according to the results of this examination.
hope to hear you recovered soon.
thanks