Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/09/2017.

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: White stuff formed under mu skin below the tip of my penis

 juno106 - Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:52 am

I'm 33 old male.I have this problem since few years ago.The problem is this (sorry for my English,I'm not english speaking native):
On my penis,on the downside of it,where the tip of my penis and skin are connecting,suddenly few years ago started to form some white thing under the skin.Every few months some white thing is filling up,under my skin,right below the tip of my penis where in connects with the skin.After some time ,when that white thing filled up , a small whole in my skin was formed,and that white thing started to come out of there.I have to squeeze it to take that white thing out.after I squeeze it,after couple of days,that little whole on my skin is closing, it heals,untill next time when that white thing starts to form again.It is not liquid,it is harder then that,and it smells very bad.I don't know the exact words to explain it,sorry. CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS THAT AND WHY IS THAT WHITE STUFF FORMING ON MY PENIS,AND IS THERE A WAY TO STOP THAT?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:03 am

User avatar Hello,

This sounds like infection and dermatitis. Dermatitis can result from infections, allergies, and irritants. Infections can be due to fungi, bacteria both of them (more likely) or less likely virus based on your description.

This part of the skin is very delicate and can be easily damaged due to friction and mechanical irritation (following sexual activity) or exposure to an allergen (soap, cream). Secondary infections can easily occur once the skin is damaged.
Foul smell usually occurs with bacterial and fungal infections. White discharge is due to pus formation from dead bacteria.

Infections of hair follicles and the sebaceous glands in this part are common too and give similar picture.

Culture and sensitivity is the best way to identify the causative organism and to prescribe specific antibiotic therapy. It is very important to exclude STDs.

Direct clinical examination is essential, so I would advise you to follow up with your doctor for exclusion of other skin diseases like psoriasis.

Please keep us updated.
Best regards.
 juno106 - Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:09 am

Dear Dr. Safaa Mahmoud

Thank you for your reply.To be more specific,I can send you a photo so you can see exactly what am I talking about and you can see for yourself and tell me exactly what is wrong.You can send me your email or some other contact and I will send you the photo.

Thank you again

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us