Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: Urine Creatinine Level

jmhobbs - Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:23 pm

I recently had some lab work done for a health insurance application. The application was rejected citing non-specifics about the lab results. A copy of the lab report was sent to me. There were only 2 things abnormal on the report: BMI was high (darn Twinkies!), and urine creatinine level was high.

My urine creatinine level was reported as 402.7 mg/dl. The report stated a normal range is 27.0 - 260 mg/dl

I've done some research on the web, but find nothing that discusses a one-time urine test of creatinine level. I have found tons of information on creatinine clearance tests which require a 24 hour urine sample. My sample was a single, one-time "donation".

My blood was also tested for creatinine level and was reported as .9 ml/dl, within normal ranges.

I'd like to find out about the one-time urine test for creatinine levels, and the implications of a 402.7 mg/dl result. Any response or referral to information source is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Jon
 bluejeans78 - Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:43 pm

jmhobbs wrote:Hello,

Thanks!
Jon