Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Nephrology Symptoms

Question: need opinion

dcmarie - Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:29 pm

went to the doctor mid november doctor diagnosed me with uti, i was given levaquin for 7 days. went back to the doctor 2 weeks later for repeat urine analysis. blood still in the urine now i'm given bactrim. before all of this happened i went for a pelvic and abdominal ct because of pelvic pressure, everything came back fine except for a couple of cyst on the kidney. doctor dosen't think it's anything to worry about, but i am nervous because my father had a kidney tumor. anyway now the urologist is sending me for a ct scan with contrast. and they want to do a cystoscopy in the bladder. meanwhile i'm experiencing very dull back pain between my shoulder blades. what could all this mean? do you think the blood in the urine has to do with cystitis or the kidney cyst. thanks.
dcmarie
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:17 am

The blood in your urine is more likely to be caused by cystitis. What they are going to be doing is to make sure using the cystoscopy is that they are going to search for a cause in your bladder. A CT scan can easily tell if there is a tumor in the kidneys. However, renal cysts are common and are probably nothing to worry about.