Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Nephrotic Syndrome

Question: left leg is smaller than the other

bleu - Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:59 pm

i was diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome since a small child-im now 25-my doctor told me that i would either out grow this disease or have it forever-in 1997 i had a kidney biopsy done and the results revealed that i had massive scars on my kidneys, since the biopsy, i havent had any problems with my kidneys. well i havent really followed up with a doctor for my kidneys.

what i am concerned about is muscle atrophy-my left leg is extremely smaller than the right one and i don't know if it has anything to do with this disease. im not sure how long my leg has been like this because ive just recently noticed it-i might have had this for quite a while because when i was younger, people use to say i walked with a limp but ive never noticed it. i noticed it after gaining a few pounds that my pants was not fitting right, while one pants leg is tight, the other one is extremely loose and noticeable------i havent been to the doctor because i don't have any medical insurance but im currently working on that situation.

any advice or knowledge----please help
 aerolexis - Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:27 am

My left leg is also smaller AND shorter than my right one as well!
My mum noticed this when i was still a kid, around 5 years of age. She noticed that I seems to be limping while walking, and she saw that one my leg is shorter than the other. This has stayed with me untill now.
The difference is really obvious when I wear shorts, and people still thinks Im limping while I walk, but I don't notice it.

So yes, help is appreciated.