Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Nephrology Symptoms

Question: Can kidney disease be cured or only maintained?

kengw002 - Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:48 pm

My girlfriend has problems with her kidneys which she is currently seeing the specialists about. It is regarding her kidney producing to much protein or something of that effect and is currently taking steroids as part of her medicines. She is currently about a stage 2/3.

I have read in other information that once you develop a problem such as this that it cannot be fixed completely but can only be slowed down and maintained from here on end?

Is this true or can treatment fix this kind of problem altogether?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:09 pm

I've already responded to this question via another post of yours. Please refer to that one and kindly refrain from multiple postings of the same question in the future, as it confuses us as to what we've already handled. Thanks for your help with this.