Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: non-bacterial burning with urination?

Anonymous - Mon May 19, 2003 12:20 am

Hello, i am a 24 yo male who has had mild burning with urination off and on for a year. i have a mild burning sensation in the distal 1-1.5 inches of my penis only during urination about 80% of the time, the other 20% there is no pain. I am circumsized, and am not sexually active, nor have i been in the past. i've been on antibiotics such as cipro for other infections during the time i have had these symptoms and they have not resolved. i was wondering if i could possibly have some sort of inflamation of the glands of littre due to a viral or fungal cause # however there is no redness, discharge, edema, etc... around the meatus or glans. everything looks normal. i also have a spermatocole, but i can't imagine that it has anything to do with the burning. back in high school i had similar symptoms and visited the urologist. he checked for a stricture (and i assume found nothing)and told me that if it didn't get worse i probably shouldn't worry about it. now that it (or something similar) is happening again i was wondering if you had any idea of what it could be or any suggestions. thanks for your time and expertise.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon May 19, 2003 1:50 pm

User avatar Dear Jamison,

i think the best way to make sure that you do not have an infection is to do a urinalysis.

This burning could be secondary to concentrated urine. Meaning that you are not drinking enough fluid. You can try to drink enough fluids like at least 1.5-2 liters of fluids a day and see how this affects this sensation.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.