Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/09/2017.

Forum Name: Nephrology Symptoms

Question: Kidney pain from holding urination

megs0106 - Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:59 pm

I am a 30 year old male. I have been having back pain for a few months. It seems to happen when I hold my urine too long. It is a dull ache that starts in my back. After I urinate about 20 minutes later the pain goes away. It also happens first thing in the morning. I do have a history of kidney stones in my family. The pain is not horrible, but really achy. I am bad about drinking water also. I am active and run several times a week. Does this sound concerning?
 irock502 - Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:51 pm

I want to know can you get kidney stones from drinkin to much alcohol??

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us