Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/09/2017.

Forum Name: Nephrology Symptoms

Question: kidney problems worsening

angelforever34 - Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:14 pm

I'm starting to have stabbing pains radiating down my abdomen and in my back. The pain gets so intense that I feel like I'm going to vomit. My appetite is decreased and when I do manage to eat, it just hurts my stomach. I haven't felt like drinking much at all though I know I need to be. About every medication I take, I have a reaction to now including over the counter meds. I have tried to quit taking most of them but what I really need. But I sleep excessively and get really painful numbing sensations from the one's I'm still taking. What kind of kidney problems could cause this?
 vyrl - Sun May 15, 2005 12:59 am

I have had every test imaginable Cat scans radium xrays colonoscopy and gallbadder test nothing shows up. Last June supposably had a kidney attack and in hospital showed up on cat scan but since then have had an attack same time in evening about once a month. No longer can find a stone and now I am having bloating in abdomen and constant pain in left side. Pictures show nothing. HELP!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us