Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Nephrology Symptoms

Question: Always thirsty..

spEakKs - Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:25 pm

I am 19, female and in college. I drink a fair share of sodas and juices but I also drinks lots of water. I am ALWAYS thirsty. I drink about 4-5 bttles of water 2 sodas and about 2 juices a day...everyday...I eat ice constantly and have been a little fatigued lately. My mothe is hypoglycemic (I think thats how you spell it) and her father died of diabetes. My fathers mother also is in kidney failure due to diabetes. Is it likely that I may be having kidney issues?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:26 pm

User avatar Hello,Pagophagia is consuming ice constantly is also considered as a part of pica.Some studies have found that this could be a manifestation of iron deficiency anaemia.This is more commonly found in pregnant women and children.Since you are complaining of fatigue you should get CBC and a urine analysis to rule out sugar since you have a family history.