Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Renal Failure

Question: Pain in kidney area upon awakening

Anonymous - Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:22 pm

I often have pain in my lower back on both sides where my kidneys are located. I have had a urinalysis done and there were no signs of a kidney or urinary infection. Sometimes it is so bad that I can't get up from the bed. I have to roll out on my side. This has been going on for the past couple of years and it is a huge concern. I have to wake my husband up to help me get up. I have noticed that when this happens I usually have to urinate really bad and while doing so it feels like the pain in my back subsides. Any ideas?
 dbierzynski - Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:00 am

I have been having the same problems and I go for and ultrasound nov 19 it has been going on for a year if you get any information on what this could be please let me no.