Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/09/2017.

Forum Name: Nephrology Symptoms

Question: Chronic Pyelo since childhood, unknown etiology

Kidney Problems - Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:24 pm

Hi-
I am a 22 y/o female that has had chronic uti's and pyelo since childhood. I have had 7 kidney infections this year! I take 1 cipro for suprression after my husband and I have intercourse. I have had renal ultrasounds done and the findings are normal. I am pretty sure I have another kidney infection right now, but don't want to go into the doc. because I don't think he knows what else to do. I also have just started noticing that I am having a increase in body odor , and have tried every deodorant in the book. I am wondering if this has to do with my chronic kidney infections since they filter everything out?
Thank yous so much!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:20 pm

User avatar Hello,I am sure you have had voiding cystograms to rule out a vesicouretral reflux(VUR).Anatomical abnormalities also could be a factor in recurrent infections and if so some authors recommend a endoscopic antireflux procedure in patients with anatomic defects even in the absence of VUR, with good results.Do consult a urologist for more details.I do not think the body odour is anything to do with the recurrent infections.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us