Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/09/2017.

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: bleeding 5 days after kidney biopsy

nan5 - Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:54 am

Hi I am 53 and had a kidney biopsy on 5 days ago. Stayed overnight with blood in urine the following morning, but discharged from hospital. Red blood the second night and then brown spotting periodically within these 5 days. Small amount of red blood this morning. Healthy otherwise, bun was 41 and creatinine was 1.5 before biopsy. All in all, I STILL have pain at lower left kidney site and am told by dr's office bleeding is normal . I am at home, no work since biopsy and no lifting or straining. Is my continued pain, (aching) and brown, sometimes red blood in uring normal 5 days after biopsy?
 nan5 - Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:50 pm

UPDATE. It is now 16 days past my needle biopsy. Bleeding and pain stopped 4 days ago (12 days after biopsy) and had one episode of red bleeding yesterday and one episode of brown blood today... Was diagnosed last week with a hemotoma ... Blood levels as of 6 days ago was 11.8 hemoglobing and 33.7 hemecrit.
Dr. says just REST ,,,, kidney is STILLLLLLLLLLLLl bleeding... is this normal?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us